JOIN US FOR
PADUCAH’S MOONLIGHT BIKE RIDE
JULY 31, 2021
How will it work in 2021?
The Moonlight Bike Ride benefitting Paducah Cooperative Ministry is rolling again on July 31, 2021. Over the past seven years, cyclists from across our region have raised more than $100,000 for PCM and enjoyed the midsummer magic of a moonlight ride through Paducah’s Lowertown, DownTown and West End.
First of all, we’re happy to be returning an exciting one-evening event! But, instead of everyone setting off at the same time as in the past, riders will start anytime between 8 and 10 pm. This will help us follow CDC distancing protocols and avoid crowding.
Here’s how to put yourself on the road:
- Register to ride at moonlightridepaducah.com any time between now and July 31;
- Register before July 16 to receive a FREE commemorative tee shirt
- Come to BikeWorld between 7:30 and 10:00 on July 31st, , collect your tee shirt and set off on your ride
- End the ride back at BikeWorld, sign the event Banner, take a photo of yourself and post it on Moonlight Ride’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Moonlightbikeride
You should also know:
- As in the past, riders and motor vehicles will share the streets. Streets are NOT closed to traffic.
- From 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm there will be guides at most intersections to assist with traffic control but riders should rely on their own eyes and ears.
- You are welcome to ride after 10:00 PM but there will be no intersection guides.
- In Kentucky your bike must have a red reflector or rear light visible for at least 100 feet and a red or a flashing red light visible from the rear of the bike for at least five hundred feet. These must be used beginning one-half hour before sunset. Sunset in Paducah on July 31 is at 8:02.
- Low-cost glow-sticks and lots of fun neon decorations will be available to purchase at the event.
- Helmets are required to be worn whenever a rider is on their bike at the Moonlight Ride.
- In Kentucky your bike may not have a siren or whistle but may be equipped with a bell or horn.
Cost is $15 for youth 5-16 and $25 for adults. All proceeds go to benefit Paducah Cooperative Ministry’s work of meeting basic human needs, including housing, emergency groceries and help with rent, utilities, food, transportation assistance, mental health services as well as parenting, money management and life skills education
BikeWorld parking lot
809 Joe Clifton Drive
Mark Ashburn, Attorney
Baptist Health Paducah
Blythe CPAs & Advisors
Chain Reaction Cycling Club
Continue Care Hospital
Continue Care Hospital
First Presbyterian Church
Linwood, Metropolis, IL
Lone Oak United Methodist Church
Paducah Power System
Rachael Houser Photography
Signet Federal Credit Union
Trinity United Methodist Church
Website Design Works
WKMS Murray State
Waldon Educational Consulting
There is nothing quite like Paducah's Moonlight Bike Ride! We love it. Our family looks forward to this event every year!
. "The Moonlight Ride is just so much fun! The music, community involvement, and active participants all come together to form a brilliant evening,”
809 JOE CLIFTON DR
PADUCAH, KY 42001
SEND A MESSAGE